Saturday, June 6, 2015

New Video: VS (@VStheReal) - Took A Vow

VS-TookAVow

Check out New York emcee VS's new video, "Took A Vow". This is the first release off his upcoming project "R.O.M. Vol 2" (Rest Of Me Vol 2).



First - I know as readers you're wondering, "What Does VS Stand For?" - Heres the answer from the man himself:

    “The name VS stands for Victory & Struggle. I chose this name because in life there must be balance, there is no up without down, no left without right, no good without bad. VS represents my constant struggle with the good & bad within. I’ve come from a background of chaos but I have found my balance.” ~VS


Growing up VS was heavily influenced by the hip hop culture:

    “My earliest memories of hip-hop culture came from the witnessing of a close range murder just outside my window. I remember shortly after, turning on the TV to find the Ghetto Boys video “My Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me” playing & thinking to myself the image I had just witnessed on a rooftop outside my window was what I was just watching on TV. From that point on I was captivated by the culture. It felt real to me & as time passed & more personal struggles came around, it was the music I would listen to that would help me cope.” ~VS


On R.O.M Vol 2, VS channels his influences and experiences into a street-classic project that is exactly what old school heads have been feigning for. Keep on the lookout for the project coming soon!

VS-Rom-Vol2

www.VictoryStruggle.com
IG - VSTheReal1
Twitter - @VSTheReal

No comments:

Post a Comment